Illumine IT Consulting
Informatics and Cloud Operations Company
Illumine IT Consulting
is a firm with a strong Telecommunications Practice.
Doing business since 2003
, customer satisfaction is reflected to our name.
Illumine IT Consulting
experience ensures the result of your company project,
delivering innovative software artifacts to provide effective and efficient solutions for complex projects.
Cooperation with us ensures outstanding pre-sales, on project and after-sales
business, IT and engineering consulting services
range from project Planning to Change Management and from project Delivery to project Inspection/Supervision/Auditing
Take a look to our project Portfolio!
Industry Sections - Our Target Market
- Service Providers
- Service Operators
- Application Developers - Vendors
- Converged Network Operators
- Clearing Houses
- SMS / MMS Operators
- Network Deployment Companies
|IT / Cloud / Virtualization / Container:
- Cloud Providers
- Cloud Operators
- Companies utilizing Virtual and Cloud Services on a large scale
- Companies migrating from bear metal to Cloud their Infrastructure
- Companies migrating from one Cloud provider to another one
|Web Business Management and Marketing:
- Technical Proof of Concept
- Technology Backup
- Service Improvising
- Service Layout
Telecommunications - Engagement per Section - Example Cases
- Setup / Configuration
- Network Check
- Network Inspection
- Monitoring and Alerting
- Custom Development of toolset for network testing like SELT/DELT/Line
- Performance Analysis
- Service Provisioning / Create Provisioning Routines
- Billing - Rating - Custom Rating Modules
- Converged Billing Utilities
- Call Analysis
- Call Data Reconciliation
- TAP traffic - Roaming traffic and Taxes appliances
- Mediation Devices
- Fraud Detection
- Custom Development of toolset like CDR/RDR mediation, aggregation
- Custom Development for utilities like CDR/RDR parsing and transformation
- Revenue Assurance
- Billing/Rating/Tariff Planning
- QoS inspection
- Cost Center Calculation
IT / Virtualization / Cloud - Example Use Cases
|IaaS / Infrastructure as a Service
- Setup / Configuration of virtual resources
- Virtual Servers and SAN
- Network Implementation
- NAT and Access Control
- Network Inspection / Analysis
- AAA Authentication Authorization Access
- Monitoring and Alerting
|SaaS / Software as a Service / Cloud
- Design Service to Service - B2B development
- Design Service to Customer - B2C development
- End to end Service development and Provisioning - we can:
- Develop the service Back-end/Front-end tailor made for your business
- Deploy service across tiers
- Automate the service delivery with build pipelines across landscape tiers
- High Availability planning for Services
- Containerize Services
- Virtualization Planning
- Virtualization Migration Cost Planning
- QoS Monitoring - Availability and Network latency to QoS Monitoring
- SLA inspection and violation analysis
- Cloud Provider migration planning
- Cloud Provider migration cost analysis
- Held Desk setup and Help Desk QoS analysis
Illumine IT Consulting Services
Illumine IT Consulting services range in the following directions:
- Software Engineering and IT Consulting. It is our company policy to provide only experienced consultants that undertake projects with a willing to win effort. This is the key to success. Illumine IT Consulting provides consultants capable to track a project at all phases and collaborate with your development team in an effective way. We deliver our services as long as needed and finally we provide a technology transfer plan that ensures technical knowledge transfer to your team.
- Custom Software Solutions. In case your company needs to build custom applications, Illumine IT Consulting can provide the software experts to implement them. All our S/W engineers have long experience in S/W industry and hold postgraduate degrees. Strictly having one vision entitled product perfection, you can build not only a support agreement, but also a strong cooperation.
- IT Solutions We have deep expertise in planning and execution of IT integrated solution for companies and organizations. Our team will design, implement and deliver the proposed solution from the Physical layer up to the Application Layer like SLA Monitoring and NMS applications. Offered IT solutions cover all the architectural levels, ranging from: Network Design Hardware planning for Server and Storage Software design for Virtualization and Operating Systems
- Development Outsourcing. At Illumine IT Consulting, we deploy cutting edge technology in order to deliver innovative solutions that benefit your business with augmented productivity. We design realistic solutions in respect with your resources. Preferring the outsourcing solution saves your business the cost of building and preserving the development infrastructure and also human resources providing this way a cost optimum solution. Our services cover the overall project life cycle.
- Technical Support. Illumine IT Consulting provides experienced engineers that can monitor and support your infrastructure. We offer flexible support contracts that you can choose and discuss regarding the orientation of the offered services, always tailor made to your needs.
- Training. Illumine IT Consulting provides fully experienced trainers that have prior working experience in software development industry and also have been involved in professional and academic training. All our trainers are experienced and active Consultants offering consulting services worldwide.
Illumine IT Consulting Project Portfolio
Illumine IT Consulting Project Portfolio
consists of several projects delivered all those years to private and public sector organizations.
Dev-Ops, Cloud and Infrastructure Projects:
High Availability Architecture Template for various IT Project
We proposed a high availability architecture template that includes the following features with corresponding tools:
- Cluster: Virtual IP shared among several servers in different data centers using KeepAlived cluster tool
- Galera MySQL Database Cluster: utilize three MySQL/Galera servers distributed among two data centers to host your relational database (MySQL). The MySQL database port 3306 is load balanced using HA-Proxy load balancer from the Virtual IP
- High Available Cloud Disk Volumes: use GlusterFS to serve your disks to the cloud. Use disk volume replication in order to have your disks synchronized in pairs. Each volume is a GlusterFS file system that is offered from the Virtual IP. Since both volumes belong to different data centers, if one goes down the other can serve your applications.
Migration of SAP Corporate Documents Management System from Alfresco Enterprise 3.6 to Alfresco Enterprise 4.1. The project dealt with migration of the entire DMS infrastructure from VM planning to cloud based applications and services. We had to deliver infrastructure as code, security, application and services installation and configuration, backup plan, configuration of peripheral tools for system monitoring, ensure the repository migration from old to the new system, the roll-out of the the new system according to SAP Monsoon Platform Requirements.
Technologies and Tools:
, VMWare vSphere, RedHat Linux Shell Script, Windows 2008 Server and Powershell, MySQL 5.5, Alfresco 4.1, Solr Indexer, Tomcat6, J2EE
: Splunk, Hyperic, MonYog, CA Wily Introscope, Custom
: Atlassian JIRA, Atlassian Bamboo, GitHub, IDE: Eclipse Aptana
Document Management Projects:
Alfresco: Alfresco community and Alfresco Enterprise installation and configuration for several SMEs. Repository normalization and migration from other document management systems. Workflow design and implementation withing Alfresco.
OpenKM: Build a case management system on top of OpenKM.
: ILLUMINE was involved in a wide range of software projects, many of them related with telecommunications. It was a long but challenging way in the modern software industry until we have experienced cases like:
- Billing Systems: Project dealt with data gathering and extension in order to supply the existing Billing System with error-free, extended CDRs. The ultra fast performance was a critical factor on project success. In other projects we have also worked with dominant telco billing systems like Geneva, BSCS, Metranet, IUM.
- Billing Revenue: project was about calculating the CDR loss during the rating and billing cycle. The proposed solution was based on billing system log files parsing in order to find out the CDR loss per rating or billing phase. Results were gathered in a dedicated database and in the end of a billing cycle the overall results were recalculated.
- Roaming applications: TAP TD.57 CDR pre and post processing, roaming charges and taxes calculation, roaming cost center and quota extraction, CDR transformation and anonymization. We have our own TD.57 asn.1 parsing and translation libraries (C++/Java) that we maintain every time the TD.57 specification changes
- Messaging Applications: SMS/MMS: we have implemented applications like SMS-C in J2EE with SMPP 3.4/HTTP/SOAP interfaces for fixed line and mobile operators. Cell Broadcasting: we have implemented a CBC under 3GPP TS 25.419
- Provisioning and Customer Configuration: the requested was to implement a WEB based application that could test (Line : Metallic /DSL : SELT/DELT) and change the DSLAM’ voice and DSL ports to adjust the user’s profile. We worked with platforms like Axiom Axioss, Intracom ActionStreamer and also open source frameworks like JAIN SLEE .
- Conversions and Migrations: custom interfacing code for CDR transformations in order to support data flows between systems like flow from Billing to Data Warehousing system. There is almost nothing that we have not already seen so far: ASCII, ans1, XML, Ericsson R8,AXE-10,AXE-810, Nokia DX200, Cirpack, Italtel Softswitch, Asterisk, TAP TD.57,custom binary files..
- Mediation Devices: Gathering of any type CDRs from several data flows (MSC CDRs, MPLS, IP traffic, IN Services CDRs). CDRs were identified, merged and integrated in a common mediation format in order to enter the Billing Cycle.
- Custom Reporting Applications: Several custom reports for Call Analysis and Call Statistics. We worked with most common used backends like Oracle Server, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, but also non – relational datastores/BigData like Hadoop and MongoDB. We also implemented front end sites sometimes custom made using J2EE over JBoss, Tomcat or based on CMS platforms like Joomla, WordPress, Drupal or even Document Management systems like Alfresco and OpenKM
- Network Management: Implemented S/W control agents for reporting the status and provide remote access and control for different types of network elements. Usually those projects involve integration of custom made agents with a mainstream NMS application like Nagios, OpenNMS, HP NNM, HP PI.
- Fraud Detection and Management: Implemented several types of interfaces for gathering of CDR flows from several sources. Those CDRs were filtered, transformed to a specific format and pushed to the fraud detection management system. Data flows format included TAP ASN1, or exchange specific CDRs. We worked with HP FMS fraud detection platform first with C++ (older version) and later with Java
Ilumine IT Consulting Project Management
Illumine IT Consulting uses a client-centric project management approach. We provide a correct and proven methodology to your case study according to your business needs. The software project management we are using is based on the following phases:
Business Modelling – Requirements Analysis: we work aside. Your team describes your business process while we derive the use cases, the data flows and functional areas of the requested system. The outcome of this process is to define a well – formed document that describes the fingerprint of the desired system: It perfectly defines how this system will function.
Feasibility Study: We explain some implementation scenarios helping you to refine your concept into a realistic scenario and us to find out if the proposed scenario finally fits your business.
Planning Phase: Define the steps to be completed on-time and in respect of the resources
Design Phase: we perform system analysis based on the previous steps and we compile the High Level Analysis Document that describes the logic (flows and algorithms), the architecture and implementing technology stack of the system.
Implementation Phase: We implementing the project by following the Design aspects and the Requirements Analysis. Towards this phase, all software components that compose the system are tested independently, ensuring error-free components.
Integration Phase: At this phase the basic sub systems are bound together to build the overall system. During the Integration Phase we perform interface Compliance Tests to ensure the correct collaboration among external and internal subsystems
QA Phase: We test the overall system as a black box. We perform a to z specification cross checking by creating test scenarios and perform overall functional system check. We then continue with System Performance Test by measuring the system response times for several load cases. According to the test findings, we tune the system by adjusting its configuration. The outcome of this phase is the Factory and Acceptance Test Document.
Maintenance Phase: for a given period, aside with you, we observe the system and document known issues. We create the Run Agile Board (JIRA or Redmine) and keep track of incidents and projects change management. We produce the system documentation, training your people and we ensure knowledge transfer to your team.
Illumine IT Consulting Technology
Illumine IT Consulting loves Open Source Technology!
Illumine IT Consulting loves Open Source Technology. Our mission is to provide your business with reliable, flexible and low-cost solutions.
- We believe in Open Source Initiative
- We adapt a problem fast, we present your team all the possible solutions and we suggest the best one.
- We implement the solution and deliver always in time, even if they are in tight schedules.
Illumine IT Consulting mainly utilizes the following technologies according to project’s case:
Challenge: do you have a case with technology not included in the above table? We will like to hear it. Just contact us.
|Cloud Operations IaaS/SaaS
||Providers: OpenStack based, MS Azure, AWS, Google CLoud, SAP Cloud
Operation Frameworks: Docker tools, Kubernetes, AWS tools, Opestack Framework, Chef, Ansimble
|Business Frameworks CMS/DMS
||Content Management System: WordPress, Joomla, Drupal
Document Management System: Alfresco, OpenKM
|OSS / IT Infrastructure – DevOps
||Automation / DevOps : Chef/Ruby
Agile and Continuous Delivery: Atlassian Bamboo , JIRA, Redmine, Git/GitHub
Tools: HP NNM, HP OpenView, Nagios, OpenSNMP, Hyperic, Splunk, MONyog, CA Wily Introscope
||C/C++, Java, C#, Python, Ruby, Unix Shell, Powerscript
|Enterprise Application Development
||J2EE, .NET, CORBA, COM/DCOM
|Enterprise Application Servers
||Tomcat, JBOSS, WebSphere, WebLogic
||ORACLE Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB
BigData: Hadoop, MongoDB
||Linux (Red Hat, Ret Hat Enterprise, Fedora, SuSe), HP-UX, AIX, Solaris
||Prepaid: Logica Aethos, SIEMENS ADMOSS
Billing: ATOS ORIGIN BSCS, Geneva, Metratech Metranet, HP IUM
IN/NGIN: JAIN SLEE, HP OpenCall
Provisioning: ActionStreamer, ServiceWeaver, Axioss, Any TR-69 Compatible
Fraud: HP FMS
||Fixed Line Call Protocols: SS7,SIP, Diameter, Radius
Fixed Line Technologies: DSL, ADSL, ADSLplus, VDSL
Mobile: GSM, CDMA, 3G
Illumine IT Consulting Training Services
Illumine IT Consulting Training Services: Add value by attending our Professional Training Courses: acquire outstanding skills, ensure your success.
Started in year 2006 Illumine IT Consulting offers professional training seminars relative to Software Engineering, IT and telecommunications. The objective target is that our clients will benefit from our professional training curriculum we offer. See how:
- Refine or update attendees knowledge to the cutting edge technology trends.
- Achieve high level industry standards by learning how to provide full scale documentation for your software projects
- Adopt proven methods to resolve complex problems in software engineering and IT.
As a result , our clients achieve real return on training investment. Currently Illumine IT Consulting offers the following training paths:
- Java Technology Path
- .NET Technology Path
- Software Engineering with UML
- Documentation of IT and Software Engineering
- Telecommunications - Mobile and Fixed Line
Analytic Course Description can be downloaded here.
Illumine IT Consulting Customer Support
Illumine IT Consulting Support Request.
Our staff is available online and ready to help you. Here are all ways we can support you.
Instant response, just call us working hours Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 17:00
Support telephone line :
Greece +30 6977634839
Cyprus +357 99989632
Send us your case and we will respond possibly in the same day. Please complete the support request document and send it back to us.
Support email support .AT. illumineit.com
|Customer Site Visit
Arrange a visit of one of our consultants to your premises. We can arrange for an engineer at your site from next working day, or upon a scheduled visit.
Illumine IT Consulting Customers
Illumine IT Consulting Customers range from large enterprises to SMEs. A short list of them:
Illumine IT Consulting History
See Illumine IT Consulting site history using the wayback machine
Yes! We first appeared back on 2004
with a simple HTML based page completely hand - written on Linux vi editor. This page was rendering correctly on the browsers
of this era (from MS Explorer to Netscape even in lynx). Everything was designed and developed internally by Michael Mountrakis
did not use any Flash components that was the basic trend of the time.
Illumine IT Consulting site in the years 2004-2007
Moving on, in the year 2007
we decided to adopt CSS Style sheets and make our banners a bit more shiny to reflect our name. So we used Linux Gimp to create the
basic Sun that replaced the old Illumine Star. For that reason, we used the Gimp Super Nova lighting Effect. In the same time - we created our own style sheets
based on Arial
fonts. This was the last page version that did not rely on a CMS system. The page was also translated 100% to Greek.
Illumine IT Consulting page - years 2007 to 2010
Years 2010 - 2013.
We decided that a CMS system is the present and the future. We had chosen Joomla
- the leading trend
and #1 CMS tool at that time. Another decision was to have the page only in English since most of our clients were abroad or companies with English as the communication language.
Site included a dedicated login page for accessing the on line training material since we had a lot of online training courses at that time.
Illumine IT Consulting page - years 2012 to 2015
we moved to WordPress
. We were using a couple of plugins such as Nooz, Contact Form, Eggplant,
Sitemap to make the site working and we do use a lot of extras. Our company Blog
profiles were also referenced from the site. This time our page reflected our social media presence,
even if we do not like and do not support FB, we maintain profiles on Twitter, LinkedIn since 2006 and of course Blogger. We also maintain our repositories at Github.com.
Also the new CMS based page had the following changes
- We adopted HTTPS for serving content
- All documents updated for the year 2014-2015
Illumine IT Consulting page - years 2015 to 2018
From 2019, after 15 years we moved away our business from Greece and Greek providers and we operate globally. The old domain illumine.gr
has been redirected to our new illumineit.com
site. Logo changed to Software Applications, IT and Cloud Technology
All those years, according to our philosophy, Illumine IT Consulting is utilizing 100% Free Software tools to produce the site and everything around it.
All buttons, banners, icons and tiny images are designed and implemented by us using 100% licence free software and not by a third party company - proving that we are
available to cater our own needs even for our web site. Tools used for the development of this web site:
You see, for us it does matter to commit to our business principles: openness and self-sufficiency